The traditional Swiss raclette experience involves eating melted cheese along with simple staple ingredients such as potatoes, gherkins, and dried meats. For a more classic North American experience, the Swissmar raclette can be used to prepare breakfast for the entire family or to host an intimate dinner party. The main attraction at a raclette party is the variety of ingredients and individual dishes that each guest can prepare in his or her raclette dish. Feel free to get creative and make up your own meal as you go!
Click here for our selection of Raclette Party Grills
Click here for our Raclette Recipe Book
Serves 4 | Prep: 30 min
1½ to 2 pounds raclette cheese
2 pounds boiled small new potatoes (kept warm in bowl or basket)
Meat options: sliced sausage, chicken breast, sliced beef, shrimp, scallops (plan about 8oz/227g of meat per person)
Vegetable options: asparagus, sliced zucchini, sliced portobello mushrooms, sliced peppers
1. Boil potatoes, drain and set aside in basket or bowl to keep warm.
2. Slice raw meat and vegetables and place on serving platters.
3. Preheat raclette on high heat with grill side up. Lay meat and vegetables on grill top, cook on both sides until meat is cooked through and vegetables are tender-crisp. Adjust temperature accordingly while cooking.
4. While meat and veg are cooking, slice raclette cheese (ideal thickness is 1/8”) and lay cheese in raclette dish covering entire dish bottom. Place dish under the grill; melting cheese until bubbling.
5. When cooked, transfer meat and vegetables (along with potatoes) to your plate. Use the scraper to slide melted cheese directly on top of grilled meat, vegetables, and potatoes. Enjoy and repeat!